Sunday, August 20, 2006

A little birdy told me that Matt and Sam were playing this afternoon.
'Is that so?' I replied.
'Yes." answered back the little birdy, "In fact, it's a free show."
Grab my coat, keys and trusty point & shoot, and I'm out the door before the little birdy finished saying the word 'show'.


Matt Mays & El Torpedo.
From Dartmouth, Nova Scotia.
Have been touring with Sam Roberts, promoting their self-titled debut album.
Flew in from Thunder Bay where they partied and sang karaoke with Sam Roberts until the wee hours of the morning. But Matt didn't have to tell me that; he voice was raspy and didn't quite make the notes when he belted it out. Still a great set; played my favourites: Cocaine Cowgirl & On The Hood - horray!


Sam Roberts.
From Montreal, Quebec.
Have been touring non-stop, promoting his new album 'Chemical City'.
Wicked set, tons of energy that boy; played hits off 'The Inhuman Condition' & 'We Were Born In A Flame': Don't Walk Away Eileen, Brother Down, Hard Road, Taj Mahal & Where Have All The Good People Gone? Plus, my new favourites from 'Chemical City': Bridge To Nowhere & The Gate.

Must say, Matt and Sam, thank you! x. - made this Sunday a BLAST!

Labels: ,