Thursday, September 14, 2006

September 13th was SNOW PATROL DAY!

Thought I'd document Snow Patrol's day in Toronto as I did with Editors last month, but it's hard to keep up with those long Irish legs of theirs. Plus, didn't help that they were LATE and I was not on bike - I had to hoof it which always takes longer around town.

Gary and Nathan were supposed to arrive at MuchMusic at 5:30pm for a live interview... then it was 5:40...5:45. Finally at 5:54 their huge black chauffeured car pulls up with only 6 minutes before the show ended. Tsk tsk tardiness!

Here they are running in:


Quick Nathan, go that-a-way!








See, long Irish legs.










But in their defense, rush hour traffic in Toronto is asinine.
No cameras allowed inside MuchMusic. Poo.

Since I was still stuck at MuchMusic when I should've been hoofing it to their next scheduled stop, I didn't make it to their quickie radio interview with Dave. I headed over to MTV instead. But to my surprise, they arrived on foot (ha! Must've gotten tired of sitting in traffic).

As you can see my camera wasn't ready - I was expecting their vehicle to pull up.







By the time I got my camera set, I only caught the back of Gary as he ran in.

Drat. Need to strap some weights on those boys to slow them down. No cameras allowed inside MTV either. Hmph.

But you can watch 'Burt and Ernie' in their interview on MTV Live.


By the time they finished up at MTV, it was time for the show. Augustana opened and played a 40-minute set.
Snow Patrol played a solid 14 song set plus 2 encores...with the exception of a very minor glitch during the intro, it was an err-free night.

Song List:
Intro - Spitting Games
Wow
Chocolate
It's Beginning To Get To Me
Headlights On Dark Roads
Grazed Knees
Chasing Cars
Shut Your Eyes
How To Be Dead
Somewhere A Clock Is Ticking
Make This Go On Forever
Ways & Means
Run
You're All I Have

Encores:
Open Your Eyes
Tiny Little Fractures

This is just a teaser for SP Boardies...

at least until I get my SP Boardies Gallery/Photobucket sorted, whichever comes first.








Paul, you make me laugh with your theory of pizza-sandwich ergonomics!






Thanks for such a great day guys!
A Snuggleupagus-sized love to you, x.

Labels: , , ,